Cappellacci alla Campari
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup steamed spinach, chopped
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 12 squares fresh pasta, cooked
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pound Campari tomatoes, wedged
- Salt and pepper
- 2 sprigs basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Courtesy of Executive Chef Renato Depirro of Ristorante Cavour
- In a bowl, combine ricotta, spinach, half the Parmesan, and the yolk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place about a full tablespoon of filling on the center of each square of pasta. Fold each square to make a triangle, then fold it again. Use 1 tablespoon of oil to coat the bottom of a baking sheet. Place cappellacci on baking pan. Set aside.
- In a sauté pan, add the rest of the oil and garlic.
- Let fry for a few seconds until garlic is golden, then add Campari tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Cook at medium heat for 3 minutes, then add basil.
- Pour sauce on top of cappellacci, sprinkle the rest of the Parmesan cheese and finish in the oven for 7-8 minutes at 350°.
Servings: Serves 4.