Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 pound 8 ounces of butter, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 8 eggs
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups chocolate chips
Courtesy of Vanessa O'Donnell, owner and pastry chef of Ooh La La Dessert Boutique
- Combine butter and both sugars in mixing bowl with paddle.
- Beat at medium speed until very light and fluffy, scraping down occasionally.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients and add to above on low speed; mix just until it is completely incorporated. Be careful not to overmix.
- Add chocolate chips and mix to incorporate. Cover and refrigerate dough for at least 3 hours.
- Portion out cookies with an ice cream scoop.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes, turn pans, bake for an additional 10-12 minutes until golden around the edges and lighter toward the center.
Servings: Makes 24 extra-large cookies.