Peach Tart Tatin
- 5 peaches, slightly firm
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 sheet butter puff pastry, cut with a ring mold to the size of a pastry tatin mold
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
Courtesy of Monarch Restaurant and Lounge at Hotel ZaZa
- Score the peaches, boil them for about 5 minutes, place them in ice water, and peel them.
- Halve, and remove the pits.
- Combine sugar, syrup, and 4 tablespoons water in a sauce pan and cook on medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture takes on a brownish tint. Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Pour into foil pastry cups.
- When caramel is cool, put one peach half in, cut side down, and put thirds of the half on top. Top with a puff pastry round. Bake at 450° for 12 minutes.
Servings: Makes 5 servings.